Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Living in a cage

Do you ever think about those animals in the zoo? You know the ones that pace back and forth all day long, looking out at you with mourn filled eyes. Looking as if they have had their souls sucked out of their bodies. Never knowing when they might have their next taste of freedom. These animals, that you could almost believe would rather be dead than in their cages. Even though in most cases animals in the zoo have it much better than their fellow animals out in the wild.

So does that mean that even if you are pampered you can be unhappy? I think so. If you found yourself having everything that you desired except for your own freedom would it be worth it? I think the term is life in a gilded cage. Every luxury you can imagine including gold bars for you prison. This must be the life that many very famous people lead. They can have anything that they want, and yet can not even just run out to the store for a loaf of bread without being mobbed.

If that is the price to pay in order to be famous then no thank you. I will be more than happy to remain unknown and free. I can come and go as I please. No one takes pictures of me or my family without me knowing about it, no one is trying to find out if I have ever done anything in the past that might haunt me.

It most take a special type of personality to be able to accept not being able to have the freedoms of everyone else around them. Of course you do always hear about celebrity's having some kind of melt down with paparazzi. I can't say that I blame them.

So, I feel sorry for those animals in their golden cages and life of extravagance. But what I really have to wonder is that even as we stare into the cage wondering if they want to get out. Do they stare out of the cage wondering if we want to get in?

No comments:

Post a Comment